I've fallen down on my blog writing duties since I went back to work a couple weeks ago. Sorry for that. It's going well. I've now lost 25 pounds since my surgery three and a half weeks ago. I'm getting used to a completely different life and it's getting easier. There have been a few difficult moments, but I'm doing good. Lunchtime at work is hard because I was so used to going out to eat, meeting someone for lunch. Forget the food, I'm really missing the social aspect of lunch! It helped to get out of the office for an hour.
Another thing I'm getting used to is what I call, "the look." When I see people I haven't seen since surgery and they ask how I'm doing, I tell them well and that I've lost 25 pounds. Most people don't skip a beat, they just smile and exclaim, "That's awesome!" (or something like that) Then there are the people who cock their heads and give me "the look." I can tell they're thinking, "But she's still fat." And that's ok. I am still fat. This surgery was not a magic trick that will suddenly make me a supermodel. There's work -- and time -- involved. I didn't get fat overnight, despite my arguments to the contrary. So it will take me awhile to slim down. And I honestly cannot picture myself "slim" -- ever. But, I can picture myself healthier. And that's what this is about. Twenty five pounds makes a huge difference. Whether other people can see it yet or not doesn't matter. My clothes fit better, I have more energy, I swear I'm sleeping better and I kid you not...I haven't had ANY carpal tunnel pain, even after I went back to work. So I don't mind "the look," because I also had several people tell me this week that it is starting to show...and that made it all worth it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment