I've had lots of people ask me what I can eat now, so I thought I'd share it here. I usually start with a 4-6 oz. protein shake in the morning. Right now I'm in the pureed food stage, so today for lunch I had pureed black beans, fat free sour cream and salsa. Again, about 4-6 oz. For dinner, I got a little more creative. I quickly did a sort of noodless lasagna bake, layering sliced zuchini, mushrooms, fat free ricotta cheese, fat free parmesan, fat free mozarella and low sugar veggie marinara sauce, baked it for 10 minutes to soften, then pureed it. OMG, yum. I took about five bites and was full. Argh! It tasted so delicious, I wanted to keep eating. But my sleeve wouldn't let me. Sigh.
I'm stalling at 25 total pounds lost, including pre- and post-surgery. This is where I always get stuck when on diets, at 25 pounds. It's like my body freaks out and starts storing fat for the winter or something. I started to worry that I'm a freak of nature and maybe this surgery has already stopped working. Jill assures me that this sometimes happens. You will stall, then lose a bunch of weight all of a sudden. I'll keep you posted. Please pray I'm not a freak.

No comments:
Post a Comment