I've been amazed at how well I've been doing since surgery, considering it was my first major surgery ever. I should have known that wouldn't last. About 6am this morning, I was awakened by a dull, deep pain under my right rib cage. At first I thought I just slept funny, so I got up and walked around, stretched, then tried to lay back down. Then the pain moved all the way around me to the back side and settled under my right shoulder blade. Now it was an intense, sharp pain. Worst pain I've ever felt. I called the Medical Exchange number and took Gas X, hoping it was just severe gas. Nope. Waited and waited for them to call me back. Finally, a little before 9am I called the doctor's office. My doc is on vacation, so I left a message with the medical assistant. About the time they finally called back, I had just run to the bathroom to vomit. This is the first time in three weeks since surgery that I've gotten sick like that, which is almost unheard of. So I guess I'm lucky. Finally, an on-call doctor called back, listened to my symptoms and told me she thinks it's my gall bladder. I'm not happy about this, because I specifically asked them if it needed to be removed at the same time they did the other surgery. They did an ultrasound and then said that I didn't need to do it. Argh. I find it hard to believe that it changed in just three weeks! So they want me to get another ultrasound...and I'm guessing this will require another surgery. Boo.
It may have been throwing up or laying on the heating pad that did it, but I'd like to think it was something bigger at play. I am a big baby when I don't feel well and the only thing I could think of was, "I want my mommy and daddy!" So I cried out loud to both my mom and my dad and told them I needed help. (This was after praying several times too). I swear to you, about 10 minutes later, the pain finally started subsiding. My angels helped me. I'm convinced. Thanks mom and dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment