Had my nutrition class this morning. No real surprises, except that some Gastric Sleeve patients can't tolerate cold water after surgery. What?!!? I love cold water! I hope this is not the case for me!Almost forgot to mention that I had my first near breakdown at Wal-mart. First of all, you are surrounded by carbs in that place! Ridiculous. In class this morning, we talked about perimeter shopping - shop the deli, the egg and cheese and meat cases and then the produce section. They're all on the perimeter of the store. It's that stuff in the middle that gets you in trouble. Well, not all of it, but you get the idea. Wal-mart is a different beast. But that's not what got to me. I was sweating like crazy (it was only 102 degrees out today) and decided to order an iced tea from the McDonald's inside Wal-mart. They simply could not understand why I needed unsweet tea, only to put sweetener in it after getting it. I tried to calmly explain that some people can't have real sugar. They just could not understand. Finally, they found the damn Equal packets. Really? Am I the ONLY person asking for artificial sweetener?!?!? ARGH!

No comments:
Post a Comment