So I've discovered that walking through my office takes longer than it used to. I'm actually walking faster these days (a few of my friends have pointed this out to me), but at least twice a day, someone will stop me and mention my weight loss. So I'm learning to "schedule" time for these run-ins. It's very nice...the accolades just keep me plugging along! Every once in awhile, I will run into someone I haven't seen in awhile and if I don't know them very well, I'll get "the look," although now they realize something is different. Today I saw a girl I know who works in a different building & department and she said, "You look great! Your hair is different!" While that's true (just got my hair done), I know she was seeing much more - weight loss, sure, but also a new confidence.
On another note, I survived a 90-minute zumba class tonight! Holy crap. I told the instructor the only reason I did it was because I can't do half of the steps! I feel like I stand there with my mouth open, trying desperately to make my body do what it's supposed to do, but I have absolutely no hand/eye coordination and apparently no rhythm. And I swear endorphins have the opposite affect on me - instead of releasing joy, they make me an emotional wreck! There was an older lady in the class tonight, the mom of another participant, and I almost lost it completely because she made me think of my mom. Oh, how we would have loved to do zumba with mom! Now THAT would have been a good laugh. Then after class, I got super stressed out and started crying about something that shouldn't have pushed me over the edge. Then again, I didn't eat before zumba and maybe all I needed was some food in the 20 percent of the stomach I have left! :)

Gold star for you - you're doing great! Stick with those Zumba classes!
ReplyDelete