Sunday, November 13, 2011

I did a 5K and lived to tell about it!

Me & my sister Jill at the race.
This year, like the last 4 or 5 years, we walked in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. This was the first year walking without mom...that was pretty tough. It was less emotional than I thought, though, because we had so many of our friends and family walking with us. We did 1980s-themed shirts this year, so some of us went all out. My Madonna hairdo looked a lot better before I left the house. But, more importantly, walking a 5K was much easier this year than it had been in years past without an extra 63 pounds. I still complained the entire way and wasn't sure I would make it, but I did. Woo hoo! Next year, someone suggested that we run. I don't see that happening, but I might walk a little faster. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment