Friday, October 21, 2011

Sweet 16...a different 16

You're not imagining things, I've posted this photo before, back when I had lost 16 pounds. As of today, I am now down 47 pounds! So close to the big 5-0! :) So why repost the Sweet 16 pic? Because I bought a dress for a wedding this weekend in a...get this...SIZE 16! I'm still in shock and convinced that because I bought it at Ross it was mismarked. But I tried on two more 16s and they fit too! Holy cow. I haven't worn a size 16 since I was 16 years old! I'm still wearing 18s and 20s during the week, but some of them are getting too big. Very exciting, but also hard to dress for work!

Another observation: people are nicer to me now that I've lost weight. I know some of this is just because they are happy for me and see my new confidence, but it's more than that. More on this later. I find it disturbing and don't want to concentrate on negative thoughts right now. I want to celebrate my size 16 dress! I'll post photos from the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment